Ordering Guidelines For Plastic Wedding Cups
With all the nitty gritty details that bridal couples and wedding planners have to handle and worry about, convenience is always much appreciated. This is probably one of the reasons why plastic wedding cups are so widely used these days. If you are intending to order plastic wedding cups for your special day, and have questions about quantity, types, and sizes, we’re help to help! Here are some ordering guidelines for wedding cups.
Types of Plastic Wedding Cups
Knowing the characteristics of different types of plastic cups will allow us to choose the most suitable one for our needs. Since the options are endless, we have compiled some important cup features that you should consider:
- Biodegradable – Typically made of Polylactic Acid (PLA) that is derived from cornstarch, you can find bioplastic cups in various shapes and sizes. However, do note that biodegradable cups can only be used for cold beverages due to their material, which is as light and strong as regular plastic cups.
- Eco-friendly – These are made from post-consumer recycled or recycled plastic content derived from an end product that would otherwise have been disposed of as a solid waste product.
- Polystyrene – This high-impact material is sturdy, shatterproof, and flexible, and is designed for use with cold beverages.
- Heavy-duty, hard wall – For a high-end option that still provides convenience, turn to hard wall plastic cups with shatter-resistant rigid walls.
- Heavy-duty, flexible – Made from Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), this has a medium wall construction that flexes but remains crack-resistant.
- Thin wall – For an economical option, these durable cups made of polypropylene are a great alternative to PET clear plastic cups.
What to Consider When Ordering Plastic Wedding Cups
Here are a few common questions to guide you when it comes to ordering cups for your wedding reception:
- How many cups do I need for a wedding?
One cup per hour per guest is a safe estimate. It’s also important to remember that it isn’t just your guests who’ll need a drink. During an outdoor event, vendors can get a little thirsty too, so include enough cups to ensure that everyone stays hydrated throughout the event. Here’s a tip for serving water: to make sure guests don’t go through too many cups, offer water bottles to them instead.
- What size should I order?
Common sizes and uses for wedding cups are as follows:
- 8 oz to 9 oz cups are ideal for punch or ice cream.
- 10 oz to 12 oz cups are the smallest size recommended for wine and are the standard size you’ll see at most events.
- 14 oz to 16 oz cups are perfect for serving beverages like beer, soft drinks, or Sangria.
Customizing Your Plastic Wedding Cups
Customizing your wedding cups will add a nice personal touch to your special day. If you’re looking to customize your cups, why not design koozies for them? Not only are koozies a more affordable way of customizing wedding cups, the lead time for getting them ready for your event is shorter too. It doesn’t take much time to decide on a design – not when you have so many templates or pre-printed options to choose from – and get your koozies printed.
Let Koozee Crazee Create Koozies for Your Wedding Cups
Whether you’re interested in having cans, bottles, or solo cups at your wedding, our foam koozies can be customized to fit them. Keep your drinks cool for up to 50 percent longer! We specialize in custom-printed koozies in all styles and colors. If you have inquiries about our range of products and services, don’t hesitate to contact us today.